- + Ι’ Λουκά. 10th Sunday of Luke Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- Philoptochos Christmas Party following church services
- Sunday School
- Altar Boys: Team Matthew – Elias Eleopoulos C, Dennis Dalkos C, Panayotis Christidis, Alexander Eleopoulos, Nikolas Eleopoulos, Paul Dunbar, Andrew Girgis
- Panagia’s Little Lambs 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Greek School 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Trinity Foster Homes Christmas party 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Futsal game 6pm – 7:00pm
- + ΙA’ Λουκά. 11th Sunday of Luke Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- Sunday School: Christmas Pageant
- Altar Boys: Team Luke – Nick Tavlarides C, Peter Vagelatos C, John Vagelatos, Roberto Cardenas, Panagiotis Batsaras, Vasili Lioulias.
Saints and Feasts
- Thomas the Righteous of Bithynia
- 10th Sunday of Luke
- The Holy Martyrs Menas, Hermogenes, and Eugraphus – Saint Menas, according to the Synaxaristes, had Athens as his homeland. He was a military officer, an educated man and skilled in speech, wherefore he was surnamed Kallikelados (“most eloquent”); Eugraphus was his scribe. Both had Christian parents. The Emperor Maximinus (he was the successor of Alexander Severus, and reigned from 235 to 238) sent Saint Menas to Alexandria to employ his eloquence to end a certain strife among the citizens. Saint Menas, having accomplished this, also employed his eloquence to strengthen the Christians in their faith, which when Maximinus heard, he sent Hermogenes, who was an eparch born to unbelievers to turn Menas away from Christ. But Hermogenes rather came to the Faith of Christ because of the miracles wrought by Saint Menas. Saints Menas, Eugraphus, and Hermogenes received the crown of martyrdom in the year 235.
Churching – 40-days churching of Ioannis Georgios Roumeliotis son George & Pamela Roumeliotis. Na sas zisei!
Social Hour – Sponsored by Philoptochos
Philoptochos Christmas Luncheon – Our Philoptochos Society will host their annual Christmas Luncheon on Sunday, December 10 following church services. You are all invited to come and celebrate Philoptochos accomplishments, be surrounded with friends and enjoy a delicious food catered by TGIS. Adults $30, Children $15. RSVP to Bobbie Soupos at 714-307-1488.
Christmas Card – Again this year the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Choir is sponsoring a Community Christmas Card. All the proceeds will go to the Assumption church. Please support this effort by entering your family’s name in the card for $25 per line. The form is posted in November’s & December’s news letter and weekly bulletin. Deadline is December 10.
Annual Christmas Tree Wish List/Trinity Youth Services – We need your help in making children’s wishes come true! Sponsored by Philoptochos, the Christmas Tree Wish List is an annual event where gifts are collected for the children at Trinity Youth Services. Look for our Christmas tree in the Narthex, which is decorated with star ornaments. On the stars, you will see the child’s name, age, gender, and the item she/he has requested. There is a limit of $25 per gift.
Sunday School Christmas Pageant – On December 17, be sure to attend this very special annual Christmas tradition hosted by Sunday School. At 11:30am, the children will celebrate the miracle at Bethlehem with a pageant in church. Immediately after the pageant, brunch will be served in the Betty Reckas Cultural Center and everyone is invited to attend. Adults $15 and children $8.
New Year’s Eve Dinner/Glendi – The Assumption Greek Dance & Cultural Art School cordially invite you to attend our 2017 New Year’s Eve Dinner/Glendi on Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 8:00 pm. RSVP to Yota Batsaras. Call, text or e-mail. 714-806-8028, firstname.lastname@example.org. Adults & Teens $75, Children 12 & under $35; $75/$40 at the door
Greek Dance/Diakonia – For the group’s our Diakonia project, they will be collecting money and donating it to the Sierra Club of Puerto Rico to purchase inflatable solar lights and straw water filters for the Island of Vieques. $80.00 Package includes: 3 lights and 2 straw filters. Deadline is December 17, 2017.
Bookstore – Come and visit our bookstore at the hall during coffee hour. You may also contact Zoe Falley at 714-366-0001 or Voula at the church office at 562-494-8929.
Panagia’s Pantry – We are collecting:
- Non perishable/canned foods
Jorge’s 3rd week of vacation – Jorge, our church sexton, will be on his 3rd week of vacation from Saturday, 12/23 to Wednesday, 1/3/18.