- + B’ Ματθαίου. 2nd Sunday of Matthew. Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10 am.
- Altar Boys: Team Matthew – Elias Eleopoulos C, Dennis Dalkos C, Panayotis Christidis,
- Alexander Eleopoulos, Nikolas Eleopoulos, Paul Dunbar, Andrew Girgis.
- Festival Baking: Vegetarian Dolmades 8:00 am
- Festival Baking: Meat Dolmades 8:00 am
- + Γ’ Ματθαίου. 3rd Sunday of Matthew. (Father’s day)
- Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10 am.
- Altar Boys: Team Luke – Nick Tavlarides C, Peter Vagelatos C, John Vagelatos, Roberto
- Cardenas, Panagiotis Batsaras, Vasili Lioulias.
Saints and Feasts
2nd Sunday of Matthew
Alexander and Antonina the Martyrs – The holy Martyrs Alexander and Antonina were from the town of Cardamon (or Crodamon). Antonina was arrested by Festus the Governor and, because she refused to deny Christ, he had her placed in a brothel. But Alexander, sent by divine providence, came in unto her and gave her his cloak; with her head covered, she escaped without having been defiled. When Alexander was discovered, he was taken before Festus, and with Antonina was tortured and burned to death.
Timothy, Bishop of Proussa
Memorial Services/Μνημόσυνα – Today we pray for the repose of the soul of the servants of God Nicolas Hanches (40 days), Hariklia Amarantos (1 year), Panagiotis Amarantos (5 years), Ioannis Amarantos (6 years) & Departed Members of the AHEPA family of Long Beach. May their memory be eternal.
Social Hour – Sponsored by the Amarantos family.
Upcoming 40 days Churching – June 17 – Amarya Vasiliki Hernandez. Parents: Richard & Matilda Hernandez.
Senior Citizens – Senior Citizen’s Picnic: Save the date! June 19 at 11 am in RUSH PARK, Los Alamitos.
Hope & Joy – Save the date: Friday, June 15 for movie night from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
Festival News – Be a Part of our Annual Festival – Labor Day Weekend! This year marks the 69th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival and we look forward to a fantastic year of Eat, Drink and Dance to celebrate our culture and our community! To make this year’s Festival another successful celebration of our culture, we ask you to sign up and contribute to our Festival Necessities Campaign. The Necessity contributions are the foundation of our Festival and we cannot do it without your help. Please look for sign-up forms in the narthex table and make your pledge today to support our 2018 Festival. Thank you!!
Festival Baking – Get those aprons on! You are more than welcome to join us any time; even if for a couple of hours! Come join the fun and fellowship lunch will be provided. Check the schedule in the last page. We are looking forward to seeing you and having another successful festival! Any questions, email Kathy Bastas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Festival Baking Schedule
- Thursday, June 14 Vegetarian Dolmades
- Saturday, June 16 Meat Dolmades
- Wednesday, July 11 Tsourekia
- Saturday, July 14 Kataifi
- Thursday, July 19 Tiropita
- Wednesday, July 25 Prepare for Spanakopita
- Thursday, July 26 Spanakopita
- Thursday, August 2 Baklava
- Thursday, August 9 Galaktoboureko
- Thursday, August 16 Kourabiedes
- Thursday, August 23 Diples
Note: NO Baking, June 21, 28 & July 5. Start Time: Anytime after 8:00 am and lunch will be provided along with laughter and afternoon Greek coffee! Even if you only have a couple of hours, Please join us! We can’t do it without you!