- + H’ Λουκά. 8th Sunday of Luke Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- Sunday School
- Philoptochos Harvest Bake Sale Fundraiser
- Altar Boys: Team Matthew – Elias Eleopoulos C, Dennis Dalkos C, Panayotis Christidis, Alexander Eleopoulos, Nikolas Eleopoulos, Paul Dunbar, Andrew Girgis
- Panagia’s Little Lambs 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Greek School 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Futsal Game 6pm – 7pm
- Philoptochos Light the Path 11 am
- + Θ’ Λουκά. 9th Sunday of Luke Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- Sunday School
- Altar Boys: Team Luke – Nick Tavlarides C, Peter Vagelatos C, John Vagelatos, Roberto Cardenas, Panagiotis Batsaras, Vasilis Lioulias.
Saints and Feasts
Nilus the Ascetic of Sinai – Saint Nilus, who had Constantinople as his homeland, was a disciple of Saint John Chrysostom. He had formerly been an eparch of the city, then became an ascetic on Mount Sinai. He wrote epistles and various ascetical works, and reposed about 451.
Leondos Styppi, Patriarch of Constantinople
John the Merciful, Patriarch of Alexandria – Saint John was born in 555 on the island of Cyprus in the city of Amathus; his father, Epiphanius, was a ruler of Cyprus. The Saint was consecrated Archbishop of Alexandria in 608. A man of exemplary uprightness, in his zeal for Orthodoxy he strove mightily to fight the many heresies among the Christians in Egypt; but above all, he was famous for his singular generosity, humility, and sympathy towards all, especially the poor. His mercy was so great that the report of it reached the Persian invaders of Jerusalem, who desired to see him because of it. Saint John reposed in 619, at the age of sixty-four.
- Our Philoptochos Society is having its Harvest Bake Sale Fundraiser on Sunday, November 12, 2017. Please come and buy baked goods. Support our Philoptochos chapter 4009.
- His Eminence Metropolitan Gerasimos and the Metropolis Philoptochos joyfully invite you to attend their annual Christmas Luncheon “Light the Path” on Saturday, November 18, 2017, at 11:00 am.
Social Hour – Sponsored by Philoptochos.
Baby Panagiotis Kanakis’ Baptism – Please join Fr. Christo and Presvytera Jessica for the baptism of their baby son Panagiotis on Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 3:00 pm. You can call the church office to RSVP.
Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive – Goal: Thanksgiving meal for 150 families. As a community, we would like to reach out to 150 families this year. You can sponsor a family with a $30.00 donation (made payable to Assumption Philoptochos) or bring in your non-perishable food items and frozen turkeys no later than Sunday, November 19, 2017h
Crab Feed – The Crab Feed Dinner Night will be on Friday December 1st at 7:00 pm as a fundraiser for the iconography in the church. Please call the office to reserve a seat or a table!
Bookstore – Come and visit our bookstore at the hall during coffee hour. You may also contact Zoe Falley at 714-366-0001 or Voula at the church office at 562-494-8929.
Panagia’s Pantry – We are collecting:
- Non perishable/canned foods